Monday, May 23, 2011

Can Kids Be a Hobby?

Well, you may have thought I dropped of the edge of the world, but I didn't.  I have been consumed with my kids.  Our son, Charlie, is heading off to university and we spent many a night talking over the dinner table, discussing the various pros and cons of the universities that he was accepted to.  Then there were a couple trips to university candidates, which were great opportunities to spend some one on one time with my amazing guy before he launches.  Then there were letters to write, worrying to be done, and waiting for final offers of scholarships.  Then finally it all came together - and hurrah, he was set!  The right school and the right financial package!

Then there was Miss Maia.  She has demonstrated some need for some extra academic support - this is a kid that can play Bach on the piano.... with two hands.... dances beautifully.... and she can jump rope backwards with her arms crossed over her chest!!!!  But, alas she will benefit from some targeted intervention... So, this required much reading on my part, calls to various therapists, waiting lists, school meetings and such until.... ahhhhh finally, I think we have a recipe that just might do a body good.

I have felt much like I do when I am crafting.  Research, hours that just seem to disappear, excitement, anxiety and satisfaction when the results start to be seen.

Now, I have a pile of things that have been awaiting finishing (or starting) and I can't wait to get back to work.  But... oh, did I mention the chickens....

1 comment:

  1. Office Furniture in Lahore- TMG
    TMG Interior goal is to supply Office furniture to businesses in Lahore with stylish, premium-quality office furniture at appealingly reasonable prices. It is easy to shop our extensive range of office and home office furniture, including desks, screens, ergonomic chairs, storage units, Green walls and frames, and meeting pods, all of which can be viewed and ordered to us.
    If you need help in planning your office, we offer a space planning and office layout service. Our team does call-outs to survey and measure your site to ensure our service is custom-designed to fit your needs and express your brand and ethos. Get in Touch with us for more details:
    http://www.tmgventures.net/furniture-and-fixture-commercial-furniture-seller-lahore-office-furniture-in-lahore/
    furniture and fixture, commercial furniture seller lahore, office furniture in lahore

    ReplyDelete